Kollosche (Kollosche Pty Ltd) is a real estate service based on the Gold Coast, Australia. We recognise the importance of protecting your privacy and rights in relation to your personal information. We are committed to protecting information provided to, or obtained by us, through our website or third-party websites that are associated with our business.
- When you provide information to us or request information from us
- When you engage, or express interest in, the services of our agency
- When you express interest in or apply for a career with us
- When you complete contact forms on our website or that of an associated party
- When you attend an open home or property inspection
- When you attend an event hosted by us
- When you visit our website or mobile app, or that of an associated party
- If you are an employee or ex-employee of the agency
- Where you have previously provided personal information to a third party (including another agency), and by an individual or entity becoming associated with us, your personal information is provided to us.
3. TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
The types of personal information that we collect includes, but is not limited to:
- Contact details (e.g. email address, telephone number(s), residential address
- Information to identify you (e.g. date of birth, government identification)
- Household details (e.g. number of people living at a household and their ages)
- Employment and financial details (e.g. profession, position held, bank account and payment information)
- Records of your communications and interactions with us; and Details/history of purchases, preferences, interests and behaviour relating to the nature of our business
- Details of visits made to our website (e.g. the volume of traffic received, the internet protocol (IP address and location of the device connecting to the site)
- Publicly available information.
We may also collect data that does not personally identify you, or anyone else, such as anonymous survey responses or aggregated information about how users navigate our website.
4. HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED AND HELD
We collect personal information directly from you and third parties associated with our business.
We directly obtain personal information when you:
- Access and use our website
- Complete an online enquiry form or in-person enquiry
- Contact us (online, by phone, email, or on social media)
- Participate in a promotion, competition or survey
- Contract us to provide services
- Post a review/comment on our Google My Business, website or social media page
- Use a related website, app or other social/digital service
We may record your email and telephone communication with us for administrative, training and dispute resolution purposes.
We may also collect personal information from third parties, with whom you have dealings, such as:
- Public sources
- Credit, law enforcement or government agencies
- Your employer
- Your representatives (accountants, solicitors, advisers etc.)
5. USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We collect, hold and use your personal information for the purpose of providing and administering our business activities, improving our service offering, and personalising our customer experience.
This can include:
- To provide products and services to you, as requested by you
- To send communication and information requested by you
- To answer enquiries or respond to complaints (submitted online or by email or phone)
- To improve the performance and functionality of our website, apps and other digital services
- To monitor, analyse and improve the operation of our business
- To maintain our relationship with you and our agents
- To identify services or property that may be of interest to you
- Where it is necessary to perform a contract for our services
- Where it is necessary to satisfy a legal or regulatory obligation
- Matters for which you have given consent
- To conduct business functions where third parties require access to information (related bodies corporate, contractors or other service providers)
- To send administrative and marketing material related to our business
- To adequately maintain personal details required by us and our associated third parties (related bodies corporate, franchisees, contractors, agents etc)
- Where an individual or entity severs their relationship with us (i.e. an agent) and is entitled to export their database (which may contain your personal information)
6. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We work with a number of associated parties that assist with the functioning of our business.
We may disclose your information to such parties for the purpose of operating our business or to satisfy your requests. These parties may include, but are not limited to:
- Technology services: IT Administrators, technical support, data entry and web hosting service providers, cloud service providers, and payment and debt collectors.
- Administrative services: Courier and mailing service providers and utility providers.
- Professional services: Accountants, Solicitors, Business Advisors, Analysts and other consultants, employees, related body corporates, contractors, Real Estate Agents and franchisees.
- Communication and marketing service providers.
- Your information may also be shared or collected by any or our related bodies corporate within Australia.
Some data storage providers, IT service providers and other third-party service providers may be located overseas. We may disclose your personal information to such entities, located outside of Australia, and take reasonable steps to ensure that these providers adequately protect your personal information.
We retain your personal information both electronically and in hard copy form within our office/s and through the service providers that we utilise. We take reasonable steps to ensure the protection of your personal information against any unauthorised use including:
- Company security standards, policies and procedures
- Data storage providers comply with appropriate security standards
- Restricted on-premise access to databases/hard-copy personal information
- Password controlled access to databases
- Employees and associated parties are contractually obligated to protect personal information and adhere to security standards, policies and procedures
- Reasonable measures to destroy personal information that is no longer needed
Whilst we undertake reasonable actions to protect your personal information, the internet is inherently insecure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of personal data acquired whilst using our website/online services. Any personal information you transmit online is done so at your own risk.
When using our website, we may send “cookies” to your device. A cookie is a piece of information that identifies your device (using a unique ID number) and allows us to interact with it. It enables us to track your activity on our website for a period of time and provides the ability to measure traffic, patterns of use and user-habits on our website. This information is used to improve our website/online services and our overall user experience. The types of information we collect may include, IP address, location data, dates and times, and links clicked.
If you would like to disable cookies, you can change the preferences on your web browser to reject them.
9. THIRD PARTY SITES
10. YOUR RIGHTS
Should you wish to obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, or to change your information, please contact us in writing per the details in section 13 below. We may decline your request under the Privacy Act and will provide you with a written response explaining the reason/s for our refusal.
In circumstances where you have provided your consent for the collection of personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw this particular consent at any time.
Personal information that we hold should be up to date. If there are any changes made to your information, please contact us in writing.
11. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO RECEIVE MARKETING INFORMATION FROM US
You may receive email and SMS communication or other forms of marketing material from us in relation to our services. Should you no longer wish to receive such communication you can “unsubscribe” from within an email body or use the opt-out options provided. Should you wish to contact us regarding your communication preferences please email [email protected]
12. STATUS OF THIS POLICY
13. CONTACT AND FURTHER INFORMATION
Attention: Legal and Compliance
Email: [email protected]
Post: PO Box 1177
Broadbeach QLD 4218
Telephone: 1300 576 000
Should you make a complaint with us, we will respond to confirm it has been received. We treat any queries or complaints regarding privacy confidentially.
You may also submit a complaint to the Office of the Australian Commissioner.
GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001