119B Botanica Drive
- 2.22 hectares
Submit all offers! Utopian Whitsundays Estate With Commercial Potential
Paradise is found in this rare estate spanning five acres and anchored by a sprawling Balinese villa overlooking the Coral Sea in the magical Whitsundays.
Hugging more than 160m of pristine Queensland coastline and accessed via a private road, which continues to a private beach, the property is located a 10-minute drive from the coastal hub of Airlie Beach, the gateway to the Whitsunday Islands.
The villa's elevated position delivers majestic 180-degree views sweeping from Hayman Island to Cannonvalle, which are best captured from a vast 90m2 elevated entertaining terrace supported by 4m-high concrete columns.
A veritable haven for fauna and flora, the property is ensconced in tropical rainforest and terraced botanical gardens, including a cactarium filled with one of the largest collections of exotic cacti and succulents in Australia.
At the heart of the estate is a two-level, six-bedroom Balinese-style residence. This textural masterpiece is carved from natural materials, including native and imported woods, sandstone, marble and conglomerate stone, with architectural elements sourced from across the globe.
Be impressed from the offset with entry via a porte cochere of carved merbau pillars and ironwood shingles that lead to a sculpted doorway made from ancient teak root. Carry on down a covered walkway and across a meditation pond towards 3.4m-high antique Indian doors that push open to reveal a grand vestibule of marble flooring and hand-carved teak extending to an open living room.
Living and sleeping quarters extend either side of this open space, and include a commercial-grade kitchen and dining room, as well as two bedrooms with ensuites.
On the upper level is an extravagant grand master suite and fourth bedroom, both with ensuites and access to a terrace and private courtyard. Two additional bedrooms are located in a separate private building, making these rooms ideal for visiting guests or 'bed and breakfast' opportunities.
- Landmark 2.22ha estate spanning 161m of coastline in the Whitsundays with 180-degree views of the Coral Sea
- Terraced gardens with hundreds of native and exotic plant species, an equatorial rainforest and cactarium believed to be the largest of its kind in Australia
- 90m2 alfresco entertaining terrace/sea deck, with dry bar, seating, glass fencing, daybed alcoves
- Two-storey Balinese-style main residence with six bedrooms, all with Java Rosso marble ensuites and terrace access
- Two bedrooms are located in a separate building connected to the main house via a walkway and have handmade terrazzo bathtubs, granite basins and access to a private verandah
- Hand-carved timber, sandstone and Java Rosso marble feature throughout
- Stunning porte cochere entrance with merbau pillars, ironwood shingles and Indian suspension lights, leading to Indian antique doors; walkway crosses a meditation pond
- Grand foyer with 8m-wide hand-carved teak divider wall and pink and gold Java Rosso marble flooring with mosaic inlay
- Living room/ballroom with cathedral ceilings, panoramic views, fireplace, cocktail bar
- Huge terrace wraps around the ground floor living spaces and offers sizeable alfresco dining options, stunning Coral Sea views
- Formal dining room with 10,000l aquarium, stone feature wall, onyx pendant light, display case housing 2000 shells, hand carved teak dining table atop a stone well
- Commercial-grade kitchen with green conglomerate granite benchtops sourced from Argentina, adjoining pantry, store cupboard, and outdoor BBQ area.
- Outdoor area also includes a pergola, sunken garden and tropical pool with surrounding deck
- Property access is via a private road leading to a private beach
- Double carport with space for a golf buggy; additional 10-plus-car parking arealocated on the estate
Woodwark is a coastal locality about 12km from Airlie Beach, where you will find vast amenities, shopping and access to cultural events and activities. A one-hour ferry ride will take you to nearby Hamilton Island, where you can switch vessels for a trip to the World Heritage Listed Great Barrier Reef, world-renowned Whitehaven Beach, or access Hamilton Island Airport. On the mainland, Whitsunday Coast (Proserpine) Airport is a 30-minute drive from the villa and offers direct flights to the metropolitan hubs of Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Cairns.
Disclaimer: Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of these particulars, no warranty is given by the vendor or the agent as to their accuracy. Interested parties should not rely on these particulars as representations of fact but must instead satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Enquire about this property
119B Botanica Drive Woodwark
- Air Conditioning
- Bush Retreat
- Ocean Views
- Prestige Homes
- Car Parking - Surface