28 Woodgee Street
Sold Prior to Auction by Troy Dowker
Mon 14 Nov
Please contact agent for further details
Standing proud and true on an oversize block on Currumbin Hill, this beautiful old Queenslander is steeped in rich layers of history dating from 1876.
In the late 1920s the then farmhouse was cut into four and relocated from Brisbane on the back of a truck to its current location which, a century later, has evolved into one of the most sought-after beachside pockets on the southern Gold Coast.
Split over two levels, every inch of this vintage gem oozes with character of a bygone era, from the hard-wearing timber floorboards, to the VJ panel walls, high ceilings, stained-glass windows, and vintage light switches.
The main house hosts three bedrooms, a family room with an adjoining sitting area, a kitchen with dining space, and one bathroom. A lower level offers self-contained living with one bedroom, a bathroom, kitchen with dining, and a separate main living room.
Verandahs on three sides showcase a leafy outlook over gardens and trees where the song of native birds never grows old. Soft ocean breezes and morning sunshine provide reasons to sit and soak up the serenity each morning and late into the evening.
At 963m2, the land parcel is among the largest on tightly-held Woodgee Street and just a short walk from Currumbin Beach, Currumbin village and the popular Currumbin Alley surf break. The elevation holds the potential to capture coastline views from Kirra down to Coolangatta.
- Historic Queenslander house full of character and original charm
- Substantial 963m2 parcel with potential to capture east-facing coastline views
- Walk or cycle to Currumbin Beach, Currumbin village and Currumbin Alley
- Relocated former farmhouse features timber floors, high ceilings, VJ walls and ceilings, picture rails, and stained-glass windows
- Ground-level living offers three bedrooms, one bathroom, kitchen with dining, living room with an adjoining sitting room, and verandahs front and back
- Lower-level living is a separate self-contained space with one bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, dining and living room, plus a covered side verandah
- Laundry located under the house with electric hot-water system and storage space
- Extensive undeveloped rear yard
- Carport for two cars
Woodgee Street is widely favoured for its elevated position offering ocean and coastline views within a short walk of the beach and local conveniences. This property backs onto the parking grounds for nearby Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary. Walk to the annual Swell Sculpture Festival, Pacific Parade shops and eateries, and local favourite, Currumbin Beach Vikings Surf Life Saving Club. Gold Coast Airport is 11 minutes by car. This property sits within the catchment for Currumbin State School and the popular Palm Beach-Currumbin State High School.
Don't miss this chance to see a slice of history on the hill – contact Southern Beaches Specialist Troy Dowker on 0409 057 087.
Disclaimer: Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of these particulars, no warranty is given by the vendor or the agent as to their accuracy. Interested parties should not rely on these particulars as representations of fact but must instead satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
- Council Rates - $2881.32 per quarter
- Water Rates - $1104.52 per quarter