8 Platypus Avenue
Sold by Eddie Wardale
Fri 23 Feb
Please contact agent for further details
Method of sale: Sold at Auction
Marketing campaign: Print, Digital and Local
OFI Attendees: 56
Number of Written Offers: 3
Days on Market: 31
Sprawling Waterfront Residence, Promising Untapped Potential and Spectacular Views
Draped against dazzling Surfers Paradise to Broadbeach skyline views, this waterfront residence delivers space, potential and family-orientated living. Situated in highly sought-after Isle of Sorrento, overlooking a peaceful cul-de-sac and 23m of wide waterfrontage, it also promises an enticing opportunity to add value.
Multiple living areas provide a place for connection and escape across the vast double-storey floorplan. Gather around the island bench in the kitchen while dinner is prepped, or retreat to a choice of living rooms when you need solace. Upstairs, the master bedroom rivals the size of a small apartment, with sweeping full-spectrum skyline views stealing the spotlight. An eco-smart fireplace adds ambience, plus enjoy a walk-in robe and an elegant ensuite. Three more bedrooms and a two-way main bathroom complete the upstairs, with a powder room on the ground floor.
Outdoors the expansive alfresco entertaining patio provides a desirable place to host guests or to sit back and savour the glittering skyline and meandering water views. A large pool also sparkles in the sunshine, with a sundeck for relaxation, while a boat ramp and pontoon complete the leisure amenities this 779m2 block offers. Additionally, the residence is being sold fully furnished, creating an enticing opportunity for new owners to add it to their investment portfolio and leverage its successful holiday rental profile.
- Sprawling waterfront residence set against a glittering city skyline backdrop
- 779m2 block overlooking 23m of wide water frontage, with views stretching from Surfers Paradise to Broadbeach
- Opportunity to purchase fully furnished and leverage the home's successful investment/Airbnb potential
- Contemporary kitchen with Bosch dishwasher, coffee machine and microwave, oversized Ilve oven and gas cooktop, island bench, pull-out pantry and a servery window linking with the alfresco terrace
- Spacious dining area adjoins the kitchen, opens to the front garden and courtyard
- Lounge room with eco fireplace, flows onto the waterfront entertaining terrace
- Sprawling second lounge room with double door entry, split-system air-conditioning unit and plantation-style shutters
- Enormous master suite with sweeping skyline views spanning from Surfers Paradise to Broadbeach, block-out blinds and sheers, eco-smart fireplace, walk-in robe and an elegant ensuite with full-height tiling
- Three additional bedrooms with built-in robes – two with balcony access
- Stylish main bathroom features mosaic feature tiling, deep soak bath and 2-way access
- Modern powder room on the ground floor
- Expansive alfresco entertaining area, with views encompassing the pool, Surfers Paradise skyline and surrounding waterways
- Large pool with adjoining sun deck
- Waterside lawn area
- Triple garage plus driveway parking
- Laundry with external access to a side drying courtyard
- Pontoon and boat ramp with ocean and Broadwater access
- Ducted air-conditioning in the master suite, ceiling fans, Fronius solar power and a water tank
- Abundant storage throughout
Perched in a peaceful cul-de-sac, stroll to the local Sorrento Village shops to grab essentials at the IGA, savour a sweet treat at Horner's Bakery or enjoy an Italian feast at Georges. Upscale shopping and dining beckon at Capri on Via Roma in under 3km, with the beaches and excitement of Surfers Paradise approx. 4.5km from home. Additionally, vibrant Broadbeach is less than 5km away, with families sure to appreciate the proximity to elite schools, TSS and St. Hilda's, located within a 7km radius.
Be quick to inspect this blue-chip Isle of Sorrento residence - contact Eddie Wardale on 0408 881 678 today.
Disclaimer: This property is being sold by auction or without a price and therefore a price guide can not be provided. The website may have filtered the property into a price bracket for website functionality purposes.
Disclaimer: Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of these particulars, no warranty is given by the vendor or the agent as to their accuracy. Interested parties should not rely on these particulars as representations of fact but must instead satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.