187-189 Monaco Street
Broadbeach Waters 4218
Sold by Michael Kollosche & Jay Helprin at Auction
Mon 31 Jan
Please contact agent for further details
Historic Main River Estate in a Prized Monaco Street Setting. Held by the same family for over half a century, it's time for a new generation to appreciate the scale, serenity and seclusion on offer in one of the Gold Coast's most sought-after streets. Standing proudly on a 2,520m2 north-facing block that's famed for its privacy, deep Main River waterfrontage and peaceful 6-knot setting, "El Paso" embodies 1960s architecture but with a nod to modern day living. Spanning two levels, gleaming Western Red Cedar finishes throughout combine with expanses of glass to allow ample natural light to cascade in, with multiple zones for entertaining. Come together in the open concept lounge and dining area, incorporating both an indoor and outdoor kitchen for seamless integrated living. For alfresco fun, enjoy the patio crowned by a dramatic 7.3m void, boasting expansive views across the pool, manicured lawns and landscaped gardens to the banks of Main River. Or for a touch of European-inspired ambience, host guests in the tranquil, paved terrace that feels reminiscent of a provincial Italian courtyard. Shaded by a mighty 90-year-old cottonwood tree, it embodies the peace and privacy this estate is renowned for.
Dual living quarters add to the appeal of this impressive compound, with a fully self-contained apartment on site. Featuring a separate entry, kitchenette, living area, bedroom, ensuite and patio, it meets the brief for stylish independent living. Complementing this in the main house are five bedrooms and three bathrooms, including a spacious master suite that promises restful rejuvenation. Tucked away in its own wing, a water-view sitting room ensures you can unwind in seclusion, with a private balcony, walk-in robe and an elegant ensuite.
- Historic "El Paso" - held by the same family for 54 years and never before released for sale;
- The last of the original owners on Monaco St – one of the Gold Coast's most sought-after streets;
- 2,520m2 north-facing block that's famed for its privacy, deep waterfrontage and peaceful 6-knot setting;
- Impeccably presented and fusing modern touches with painstakingly restored Western Red Cedar, slate and glass finishes;
- Formal lounge with Western Red Cedar timber feature wall, opens onto the expansive riverfront yard;
- Modern kitchen with walk-in pantry, Zip tap, gas cooking and stone benches;
- Light, bright and inviting living and dining zone integrates seamlessly with the outdoors;
- All-weather entertaining with a built-in Beefeater BBQ and beverage centre;
- Sophisticated master wing with water-view sitting room, private balcony, walk-in robe and an elegant ensuite;
- Three more generously-sized upper level bedrooms plus a sunny bathroom with full-height tiling;
- Executive study with keypad entry upstairs plus multi-purpose room downstairs that could be a 5th bedroom;
- Fully self-contained guest quarters with kitchenette, living area, bedroom, bathroom, patio and private entry;
- Lush, landscaped gardens and mature trees for privacy, including a majestic 90-year-old cottonwood tree;
- Large pool with views of the glittering Gold Coast skyline;
- 15m/49.2ft pontoon with deep water, able to accommodate a large boat;
- Quiet 6-knot zone which means no wash and noise, plus anchored on a famed fishing spot;
- Enchanting paved entertaining terrace by the water plus an alfresco patio beneath a soaring 7.3m void;
- Secure parking for six cars and one garage with a workshop;
- Wired for intercom and security.
Perched in a prominent and prestigious location, benefit from being approx. 5 minutes from the beaches, shopping, dining and entertainment of Surfers Paradise. Elite schools, TSS and St. Hilda's are approx. 15 minutes away or take advantage of being less than 10 minutes from the heart of Broadbeach. Secure a slice of iconic Gold Coast history with an estate that's home to the last of the original Monaco Street residents – arrange your inspection today.
Disclaimer: Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of these particulars, no warranty is given by the vendor or the agent as to their accuracy. Interested parties should not rely on these particulars as representations of fact but must instead satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Disclaimer: It should be noted that this property is being sold by auction, therefore due to real estate legislation in QLD and in accordance with REIQ guidelines a price guide isn't available. The website possibly filtered this property into a price range for functionality purposes. Any estimates on this page are not provided by the agent and should not be taken as a price guide.
- Close to Transport
- Close to Shops
- Water Front
- Pets Allowed