2 Maryland Avenue
Sold By Michael Kollosche & Brad Coyne
Tue 29 Jun
Please contact agent for further details
Timeless elegance takes a contemporary twist on Main River.
Set on over an acre of prime north-facing land fronting main river, this remarkable mansion presents a unique opportunity to indulge in a modern, luxury lifestyle with all the benefits of a secluded country estate.
Dubbed "the original Gold Coast mansion" in the mid-80s for its celebrated grandeur, the timeless two-storey residence has a rich history of high-profile owners and guests, having hosted legendary soirees in its heyday.
An extensive four-year renovation by the current owners has seen the house extended, restored and modernised to an exceptional standard throughout.
Honouring a French Country aesthetic, beauty and elegance are carefully balanced by rustic elements and all the mod cons. Ornate iron doors, grand chandeliers and stately columns blend seamlessly with a bespoke selection of high-end finishes, lavish lighting choices and contemporary fixtures.
Space is a consistent theme - families can spread out across six supersize bedrooms, each with an ensuite, as well as multiple lounge and living rooms across two levels.
The ground-floor living zones open to a well-appointed outdoor area, inviting play, relaxation and entertaining in an azure inground pool, spacious pavilion with powder room, and a full-size floodlit tennis court. Ducks waddle across a lush, rolling lawn which extends all the way to the river where a private "River Room" lends itself for use as a gym, studio or man cave, while the deck is ideal for sunset drinks.
- Grand main living room with pool and river outlook
- Six generous bedrooms with ensuites (3 have baths)
- Master apartment-style suite with palatial walk-in robe
- Games room with championship-size billiards table
- Formal dining room with space for 12-seater table
- New French-style kitchen with Gaggenau appliances
- EuroCave climate-controlled wine cellar storing 700+ bottles
- Lounge room featuring a real wood fireplace
- Powder room with automatic three-phase toilet
- Scullery with two sinks, twin pantries and Miele dishwasher
- Spacious mudroom with kitchenette and storage
- Large laundry and drying room with storage
- Pool, pavilion and powder room, tennis court, jetty
- Light-filled office with green reserve views
- Double garage and a single garage, each with storage
- Electronic gate, circular driveway and porte-cochère
- Security cameras and alarms, Crimsafe windows
- Ducted air conditioning and Sonos sound system
- Council easement on the northern side, never to be built on
Only 15 minutes from Broadbeach, Maryland Avenue is one of the Gold Coast's best-kept secrets. Home to a limited and exclusive collection of high-end riverfront homes, each occupies over an acre and is zoned rural-residential. Carrara Sporting Complex, Emerald Lakes Golf Club, Royal Pines Resort Golf Course and the Gold Coast Botanical Gardens are close by. Carrara affords easy access to the M1 and is in proximity to Emmanuel College.
Disclaimer: Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of these particulars, no warranty is given by the vendor or the agent as to their accuracy. Interested parties should not rely on these particulars as representations of fact but must instead satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
- Air Conditioning
- Area Views
- Built-In Wardrobes
- Close to Transport
- Close to Shops
- Council Rates - $7034.42 per year