38 Seashell Avenue
Mermaid Beach 4218
Sold By Eoghan Murphy
Fri 7 May
Please contact agent for further details
Picture-perfect Hamptons mansion a Mermaid Beach 'unicorn'. Facing north-east on a double block just steps from the sand and surf, this delightful tri-level mansion is a true unicorn in tightly-held Mermaid Beach.
Inspired by America's grand Hamptons estates, a charming palette of cool blue and crisp white makes it impossible not to fall for this picture-perfect property at first sight. Large casement windows, French doors and soaring ceilings with traditional dormer windows, invite natural light into every corner, highlighting detailed fretwork, VJ panelling and whitewashed timber floors.
Open and airy living defines the ground floor where a 'Farmers' handmade kitchen, featuring intricately carved timber and a bespoke Italian navy blue Ilve oven, brings timeless culinary character to the heart of this exceptional home. Glass doors stack aside to create a seamless flow to multiple covered alfresco dining and sitting zones, overlooking an inviting resort-style pool and lush tropical gardens.
A complete second full indoor-outdoor kitchen is an entertainer's dream - equipped with a built-in Beefeater BBQ, TV sports bar and ample bench space, it's ideal for summer soirees with family and friends or for hosting catered events.
Upstairs bedrooms are connected via a floating bridge, affording peace and privacy for the grand master suite on one wing. The cherry on top is a den, aptly dubbed "The Lookout", where large windows allow 280-degree views of the ocean, Mermaid Beach and the hinterland.
● North-east facing double 748m2 block with dual street frontage totalling 53.5m
● Farmers handmade timber kitchen with Ilve oven, four-burner gas cooktop, induction cooktop, two dish drawers, servery window and breakfast bar
● Grand master suite features high ceilings, walk-in robe and elegant ensuite with his and her basins and showers
● Bedroom 2 features a built-in window bench seat and French doors to a balcony
● Bedroom 3 boasts VJ panelling, TV lounge zone and timber shutters
● Bedroom 4 currently used as a gymnasium
● Main bathroom has Hamptons-style vanity, floor-to-ceiling tiles and a separate toilet
● Top-floor den with ocean, Mermaid Beach and hinterland views
● Two open and airy living areas plus a formal dining zone
● Ground floor powder room and laundry
● 3D home cinema with large screen and detailed fretwork
● Electric retractable sunshades over outdoor terrace and pool
● Covered alfresco dining room with electric block out blinds and heater
● Resort-style tiled pool and spa with Enviro filter and solar heating
● Poolside cabana and external toilet easily accessed from the pool
● Tropical landscaped gardens and lush flat lawn for kids and pets
● Established lemon tree fruiting up to 300 lemons in season plus a sunny herb and vegetable patch
● Four-car basement showroom-style garage with wine cellar
● Plant and storage room including 10,000L rainwater tanks
● Ducted air-conditioning and solar for pool heating
● Full security system including cameras and alarms
Mermaid Beach is the Gold Coast's premier beachside suburb, home to the famed Multi-Millionaires' Row. Luxury homes line the streets of this family-friendly neighbourhood which has retained a strong sense of community. Walk to the end of the street to access a patrolled surf beach and go south to enjoy the popular Nobby Beach dining and shopping strip.
This is the first time this much-loved residence has been offered to the market - don't miss your chance to secure this premium beachside estate.
DISCLAIMER: Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of these particulars, no warranty is given by the vendor or the agent as to their accuracy. Interested parties should not rely on these particulars as representations of fact but must instead satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
DISCLAIMER: It should be noted that this property is being sold by auction, therefore due to REIQ legislation a price guide isn't available. The website possibly filtered this property into a price range for functionality purposes. Any estimates on this page are not provided by the agent and should not be taken as a price guide.
- Air Conditioning
- Built-In Wardrobes
- Close to Transport
- Close to Shops
- Close to Schools
- City Views
- Ocean Views
- Openable Windows
- Council Rates - $5665 per year